Who We Are
Established over a decade ago, the Durban Chemicals Cluster is the primary driver of investment, growth, competitiveness and transformation in the KwaZulu-Natal chemicals manufacturing industry.
A representative group of over 80 chemicals manufacturers are supported through the programmes and projects of the Durban Chemicals Cluster.
Driven by a team of leading chemicals manufacturers, and supported by eThekwini Municipality, the cluster creates space for the industry to share knowledge, develop critical skills, enable local sourcing and unlock catalytic industrial development projects to support industry-wide growth and expansion.
Members benefit from access to skills programmes for their employees, performance benchmark and carbon footprint assessments, a peer-to-peer engagement programme to support shared learning, amongst many other cluster programmes.
Our programmes service the needs of industry, and members receive significant benefit and value from participation.
At a glance, annually:
- Over 200 people trained
- 200+ people engage in our shared learning and peer-to-peer knowledge network
- 80+ firms supported with health and safety compliance
- Millions of rands unlocked in SME development financing
- Over 25 SMEs linked to new chemicals markets
- Large-lead enterprises supported with B-BBEE optimisation and scorecard improvement programmes
- Catalytic projects in energy resilience and strategic investment and localisation supported
We have a representative membership base comprising of the largest multinationals, and emerging enterprises in the chemicals manufacturing industry. Firms collaborate and engage on the matters that are of critical importance to the KwaZulu-Natal chemicals manufacturing industry.