2017 African Chemicals Imbizo15-16 August 2017
The 2017 African Chemicals Imbizo brought the sub-Saharan chemicals industry together to discuss the critical and collective issues it faces, gain insights from speakers and network with colleagues and stakeholders. This event was brought together by the Durban Chemicals Cluster (DCC) and its key event partners, eThekwini Municipality, the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti), the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), Trade & Investment KwaZulu-Natal and the Chemical Industries Education and Training Authority (CHIETA).
This year the event took place over two days 15-16 August 2017 and included an exciting line-up of guest speakers, an exhibition showcasing innovative product and service displays and a delegation of 20 sub-Saharan African chemicals buyers to facilitate export linkages and increased trade with local chemicals manufacturers. The African Chemicals Imbizo is the only chemicals industry event that brings the industry together to drive investment and growth.
- A two-day conference with multiple executive speakers delivering industry-focussed addresses
- One-on-one business linkage meetings for interested parties
- Hosting 20 sub-Saharan African chemicals buyers to drive exports and support firms’ growth
- An exhibition by manufacturers, suppliers and related services
- Networking opportunities
- The Durban Chemicals Cluster Annual General Meeting